Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Organizing Your Digital Images


What is the best way to organize your photos? There are many different ways to organize photos but what is the easiest way and what will make it quick to find what your looking for in your list of files. I find that organizing by year, then by a common file name, with months with inside that name. I find it easy to move files and find what I want. For example, I find that if I shoot sunsets, I make a file folder called Sunsets. I then move each years worth into that file folder and thus I keep all of the same files together. Granted if you have a long list of file folders, you need to have some kind of listing in mind, but if you stick to the rule of people, places and things, I think you will not have to much problem with file folders. On the other hand, if you have thousands of photos and you need to organize them, I would start by sorting them by date, then moving them to their prospective year. Once you have them organized by year, then move your photos into the respective file folder. Hopefully all of your dated files will be at least in a yearly format and then however you move them in regards to file folders will be up to you. Happy Organizing!!

No comments: