Thursday, November 5, 2009

Back from the Realities of Life

Well I'm back, trying to get into the groove of everything photography.  I have been busy putting together a website.  And if you have not attempted this, you are in for a very rude awakening.  I always thought that when I put up a website, that's all I had to do.  Wrong!  You have to maintain it, tweak it, adjust it, move things around, add to, subtract from, correct and even sometimes misspell, not to mention the time it takes to drive people to your site.  And yes, all the while holding down a full time job, actually two full time jobs, maintaining a website, (a business in itself) and working 9 to 5 does not leave much time for anything else. Your constantly at the PC looking into the screen adjusting the site for this and for that, in hopes of driving more people to it.  Of course this can be very tiring, time consuming and social counter productive to life after work, which is the price you pay for success, if and when you get it.  Ah that wonderful moment when you get the first hit on your site, the thrill of that one hundred hit, the adrenaline pumping thousandth hit and it goes on and on, but it is the sales numbers that really takes your breath away.  That is if the economy is not in the pits like it has been and seems it will forever be but does the hope of getting excited about having all this hard work pay off. Is it worth it?  You decide if you have the "blind passion for digital photography" and then you will understand why it is!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WTG David! Yeah, I know what you mean about keeping it up. My blog goes several days at a time, but I'm trying SOOOOO hard. LOL! My website is another story. We'll talk later about how it's going on your website. Congrats! Carolyn