Monday, November 30, 2009

Sunset 11-28-2009 my Passion for Photography


  On  My Web Page I have a folder with Sunset photos, this folder is by far my favorite folder.  I have this obsession with sunsets and sunrises.  My current job gets me up early to do the sunrises and I leave in the afternoon within plenty of time to catch the sunset. Now weekends are a little different, I don't have as much time in the morning to do sunrises, with all those chores that have to be done, I am more apt to do sunsets. So as a way to relax and reflect on the past week and the coming week,  I make my way to various and favorite sunset locations. Notice I said "sunset locations", granted most of my locations are on the beach, but there are a couple of sites that I occassionaly frequent. I visit my discovered locations a number of times, you never know what you will find, photographically speaking. And with that said, you will notice that my last post was from South Lido Beach in Sarasota, the photos here are from the Northern end of the same beach.  This is the place where more people tend to do their beach thing, but it comes with the life guard towers that can add an interesting element to your sunset photos. Now I know I've told you from the previous posts what your settings should be, but  to be efficient in any photography genre, it is important to know your camera and 'know-that-you-know' your camera. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to read your owner's manual for your camera, you can learn a lot just from the owners manual. Take a good online photography course and look at the nature and wildlife photography of others. Sunsets photos when done right are very rewarding and I believe you get a feeling of self accomplishment. All I can say is keeping shooting, like anything else, practice makes perfect photos, but most of all you gain confidence in your own abilities... Have fun!!

No comments: